Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Ironman's Nanny is Me

Last Sunday (Aug 4) is the 5th Cobra Ironman 70.3 Philippines.
It's the 2nd time held in Cebu and....
Most importantly, it is my fiance's 1st Ironman 70.3 experience.

My Ironman
I find this year more organized than last year even if they didn't apply the baller id for the visitors like before.
The weather is kind of challenging this year, too.

This time I have to cheer not only for my friends (from Cebu & Dubai), but also for P.
I am my Ironman's Queen/yaya/supporter/photographer/cheerleader, atbp. :p


The level of stress and nervousness were tripled.
Honestly, I wasn't able to take decent photos. Was only waiting for him to pass me by.
Everytime I hear ambulance siren or saw athletes riding in a motorcycle carrying their bikes, I kept on praying God to let P & our friends finish strong & safe.

I am so thankful to God & so proud of my P.
He endured and finished strong despite the cramps. ^_^


Overall: 7:24:22

This year's medals and trophies were designed by world-class Pinoy furniture designer - Kenneth Cobonpue. Last year's design was still his.
IM 70.3 Philippines 2013 finisher's medal
The medal has 3 parts that represent water for swim, road for run, & rubber for bike.


Trophies for the winners
Ironman 70.3 is also known as Half Ironman.

Why 70.3?
70.3 is the total distance in miles covered in the event. (113.0 km)
  • 1.2 miles (1.9 km) - swim
  • 56 miles (90 km) - bike
  • 13.1 miles (21.1 km) - run
That is half of the distance covered in Ironman triathlon.

Ironman 70.3 championship this year will be held at Lake Las Vegas in Henderson, Nevada on September 8, 2013.

We had a celebratory lunch yesterday at home which turned into dinner. lol!
Cebu's famous lechon & booze for everyone.
It's revenge time after their 7-month training. ahihihih.


cake for our Ironmen & Ironwomen!
These friends and their ever-strong and way betterhalf also have big big hearts.
Right after the race, they went to an orphanage in Cordova to make the kids there happy.
 
Congratulations to my Cebu friends and those from Dubai (FiT - Filipino International Triathletes) for surviving and finishing the race.
I am so proud of you all.
Galing!
Early bird catches the blowing of candels. lol

some of the FiT members with Anthony P.

Bravo to all Ironman 70.3 Philippines participants!
See you again next year.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Paul! And nice medal and cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Paul! Ready na daw si Bee moadto ug DXB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction Brennan.
    Siya ang super ready moadto ko. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by.
The laagholic Buyog would love to hear from you.

Buyog's Readers